Saturday, February 12, 2011

Black Pine


I started making prints of windswept trees in 2004 and find I keep on returning to that idea. While I was in Japan in 2008 I took photos of many trees and I will eventually get around to making some of those into new prints. The only thing is, since most of them are pine trees, I am going to have an interesting time coming up with titles that aren't too repetitive. I already have six prints with the word pine in the title.

This Black Pine print was completed last year, just in time for me to use my new chop. The chop was brought back from China by my friend Lin and this is the first print I used it on. I like the organic imperfect shape and the old style calligraphy used for the letters.

Black Pine is available for sale here.


No comments:

Post a Comment